Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer

I opened an account with MeWe after I had been hacked twice on Facebook and saw that opening another account would deny me the right to add the same friends on a new account; it wouldn't even allow me to add my daughter as a friend. I was on MeWe for not a long time before it, too, was hacked.

I did not close the account, but today I received a notice from MeWe that someone on there wants to add me as a friend. I wanted to investigate, but now my password doesn't work. I clicked Forgot Password and was told that a link for resetting my password would be sent to my email. That's what it said, but it did not happen.

I tried several times more, each time with no result. Apparently, I am locked out of MeWe now and there's no way I can reset a password or do anything to regain access. I am turning to Pissed Consumer because MeWe provides no means of asking for help with a dysfunctional account.

It makes me wonder if the hacker at MeWe is not the same hacker who hacked two accounts at Facebook. It would not surprise me if it was.

User's recommendation: Avoid social media sites entirely; there's nothing secure about them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Homewetbar Whiskey Glass.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments